Sunday, November 1, 2020

Mihaylov- Assignment 5

      My main reason for watching TV is entertainment, especially comedies. The Office is still one of my favorite shows ever. I've rewatched it at least 6 times. On the flip side, Parks and Recreation never really struck me as a good show. Sure, it had its moments, but at the end of the day, it's no Office. The characters seemed over exaggerated in my opinion. 

    Good Boys is a hilarious movie, and I enjoyed watching it. But when it comes to movies, I'm more drawn towards horror films and action movies. My favorite horror movie is the 1982 film The Thing. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do. Its amazing use of practical effects makes for disturbingly realistic scenes and antagonists. My favorite action movie is Die Hard 2.  

    However, there are some films that just aren't for me. My main one is IT(2017). This movie was flawed, in my opinion. When I watched it, there was one good jump scare that was ruined by the trailer, and the movie itself was heavily reliant on jump scares. I felt like the movie lacked real horror, and that was mainly because it was a remake. Many of the newer action movies are not great. The golden age for action, just like horror, was the 80's, when The Empire Strikes Back released. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...