An issue that bothers me a lot is the patriarchy and gender roles. First off, the patriarchy harms all. Women are seen as inferior, less deserving of positions of power, are paid less, and are taken advantage of in both social and professional settings. Men are seen as being emotionless, unable to cry or receive mental health help, and unable to show a feminine side. None of the stated above are beneficial and harm people and society overall. Gender roles often contribute to this by creating a standard for each to live to (this excludes other genders on the spectrum since society mainly focuses on 2). Women are seen as the keeper of the house while the man goes out and makes money. This should not be ingrained in our brains from childhood as both can perform either job. Stay-at-home dads are often viewed as weak and unnatural while women with high-paying jobs "spend too much time away from family" and are selfish. Neither of these statements is true and anyone can hold any job. Clothes also go along with gender roles. Clothing. has. no. gender. This is seen as more acceptable on the female side than the male one. Women are now socially accepted in pants, while men still made fun of for wearing dresses, skirts, floral prints, glittery designs, crop-tops, etc. Any clothing can be worn by anyone and it should be socially acceptable. Fashion and style do not have a gender and neither should the items that comprise it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.