Saturday, November 14, 2020

Liau - Assignment 11

Essay Option 3:

I believe all components of both the Quadrium and Trivium are important for everyone to know. There is a reason the concepts are all considered the top tier of liberal arts. Each has a special use and a different purpose in the world. Within the Quadrium, some adjustments could be made for modern times. Geometry and mathematics could be considered one topic. While geometry is an important skill, it is a subcategory of math and could be categorized as such. While astronomy might have less of an impact today, it is still an interesting subject and pertains to the scientific realm of studies. Astronomy could be expanded to include other sciences such as physics which are equally as important. Additionally, the category of music could be expanded to include other various art forms such as dance and painting. I also believe a technology category should replace geometry as the world of computers and the internet is advancing at rapid rates. The components of the Trivium need no expansions or changes in my opinion. Overall, all original seven liberal arts are pertinent to a well-rounded education, but in modern times, some could be slightly altered to fit the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...