All my life, the University of Kentucky was treated like a back-up plan. It was a last resort for people, somewhere that they knew they could go if all else failed. Because of that, I felt like I had to go somewhere else for college, just because that's what everyone else wanted to do. The truth is, even though it's in my hometown, UK is my dream school. I've always loved Lexington and Kentucky in general and I've never been one to be counting down the days until I can leave. The University of Kentucky is not only local, but it is a big school with lots of opportunities for involvement in things that I'm passionate about but I don't particularly want to do for my career. Most importantly, UK's academics support the career path that I want, and offer room for change if that doesn't work out. I want to be a Speech-Language Pathologist, and they have a program specializes in that in their College of Health Sciences. More than that, their program is in the top 50 in the country. Even though it's not time for me to make a final decision on colleges yet, I've struggled with having to choose between a university that ultimately will offer me all that I want and more and doing what everyone else is, and I'm happy to say that I've made my peace with the fact that what I want isn't going to be what everyone else wants/thinks is best, and that's ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.