Sunday, October 11, 2020

Weaver-Assignment 4

When I was younger, I was very stubborn and challenged every little thing that came out of my parents’ or sister's mouth, and this was because I was annoying. One thing I used to disagree with them all the time about was the concept of good and evil, and the notion of complete forgiveness. I used to think that the world was black and white, that good people were good and that bad people were bad and there was no in between. As an avid fan of Columbus Day as a child (so embarrassing), imagine my shock when my older sister comes home from school and tells me about all the things that Columbus did that were awful, and my parents not acting shocked at all but just agreeing with her. I was horrified, how had they let me love this holiday for so long, and make boat hats and sing the stupid 1492 line. They explained to me that I was too young to know these things, but even now there are still debates about whether he should be celebrated or not, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...