Sunday, October 18, 2020

Hall - Assignment 6

 I'm passionate about veterinary necrology, psychology, politics, genealogy, and heredity. 

Firstly, veterinary necrology is a sort of morbid thing that I'm interested in. Necrology is basically performing an autopsy on animals (called a necropsy) to see how/why they died. I enjoy it because of the method to it, and knowing why one animal died is the key to figuring out how to save another animal. So, really, the goal is to eventually put myself out of business. Honestly, if being an actress doesn't work out, going into this field is likely.

I also enjoy psychology because it studies why people think and act the way they do, and sort of cements that everyone is the same in some factors, and reasons why they aren't in others. It's logic behind the emotions and actions of others, and it helps me in knowing how to comfort friends, win arguments, and speak in public by reading facial expressions and body language and knowing the thought processes of others. My mom thinks that I should go into this field, specifically a therapist or a psychologist, because of my ability to effectively manage others' emotions. I, on the other hand, don't always want to manage others' emotions because sometimes I simply don't care, or think that someone's emotions are trivial, and I don't want to have to pretend like I do. Ingenuity is one of my pet peeves, honestly. If I did go into this field, I'd probably be a lawyer. Because I like to argue and find weak points in other's arguments/views/existence.

I've also taken an interest in politics since Freshman year, and my interest in it has slowly grown undetected by me until late sophomore year, early Junior year. And now it's at the point where I can't really do anything about it because I'm so invested in the issues we've deemed as political. So while I as a person am subject to changing my mind and my views with the tide, politics is something I generally stay on the liberal side of based on how issues that are important to me are treated by either side. I've thought about going into politics because of the fact that I like to impact things, I like to argue, and I'm an activist, but I just feel like I'd get annoyed and snap at someone in an unprofessional manner.

I enjoy learning about how traits are passed down through family lines, the mutation of genes, the dormancy and resurfacing of genes etc. I don't know quite why, it's just something I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...