Fears: death by bugs or downing, my family/best friends dying especially if it is accidentally my fault, roller coasters, failure, disappointing others
Annoyances: people who think they are better than others
Accomplishments: cross country achievements, academic achievements, dating someone for almost two years
Confusions: luck, how some people seem naturally talented
Sorrows: death makes me sad, unfairness in the world like poverty
Dreams: travel the world, take amazing photographs, get published in a poetry book, get better at running, improve mental health, help people
Idiosyncrasies: license plate, nevermind word
Risks: don't take enough most of the time, dating someone feels like one
Problems: Cleanliness, overthinking, jealous sometimes
One of my major fears is disappointing others. It really weighs on me a lot of the time. It is why I have tried to be a perfectionist for a lot of my life, because if your perfect you can't disappoint others. But the fact is, people aren't perfect, and I can't be perfect. So it is okay to disappoint others sometimes. It's hard to get out of that mindset though, to stop always trying to be a perfect friend, girlfriend, sister, daughter, teammate, etc. because if you mess up, it always feels so much significant than it actually is. That’s part of why I have a fear of being late, I hate it so much even if I am late by 5 minutes I feel like I have disappointed that person a lot by being 5 minutes late. Also, I’m scared to do bad at races since I don’t want to disappoint my coaches, my parents who drove me there, and my teammates who are all counting on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.