A lot of the traveling I do is for swim meets. Our team stays mainly within the Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee range. However, we also get to travel to Alabama for our team trip. Through these meets, I get to meet people from all over the state, and even all over the country. I've made friends with tons of people and bonded over swimming. I learn all about other swimmers' teams, traditions, coaches, and schools. While these swim meets don't necessarily enhance my "school education", they enhance my social education. By hearing other teams talk about their swim experience, it puts my experiences with LEXD in perspective. I've learned about how much my team values mental health, friendship, having a good relationship with coaches, and having fun over other teams. It revealed how special my team is and how well of a fit it is for someone who's primary focus isn't to make it as a swimmer. These experiences also helped me develop social skills, such as small talk and making friends on the spot, that will benefit me later in life. These social skills will enhance my educational environment by helping me in the professional workplace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.