Monday, September 21, 2020

Anna Kovaleva- Assignment 3- Oh The Places You'll Go!

 Well, I was born and I lived in Russia until I was 5 and both of my parents grew up there. This, in my opinion, has had an impact on my life. My parents growing up in another culture where education is seen as the only way to move up in the world caused them to really care about my education. This is why they taught me things outside of elementary school so I got into the gifted and talented program in elementary school and have continued to be in more academically challenging programs like the Academy. They pushed me to try harder and be better. Also when I traveled back to Russia, I got to see relatives which I hadn't seen in so long and to compare the Russian way of life to the American way of life. They aren't that different but there were definitely some differences between Novosibrisk, the city where I went, and Lexington. Novosibirsk and Russia have many more means of public transport like the subway and buses, they are the main means of transportation for most people. Also there are markets in Russia which are a lot of people selling different things in tents in a big square. There are supermarkets and malls of course, but the bazaar is where a lot of the people buy the food. There are also a lot of celebrations like there was a huge parade and party with fireworks on the day the city was founded which I don't think I have ever seen here in Lexington. Going to Russia just made me realize that they are unique differences in every place you travel and even though they may not be huge, they're interesting, it made me realize that I want to travel more to other countries and to other places in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...