Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Lentz - Assignment 2

          Being honest, I don't read books too often, more of a movie guy myself. I think the last time I read a book for fun and not for acquiring a solid grade from knowing its content was sometime in Middle School reading the Maze Runner series. I used to really enjoy reading books, especially adventure or fantasy books as series', like the Charlie Bone, Harry Potter, Wings of Fire, and Series of Unfortunate Events books. This may make it sound like I don't like reading, but the problem is the effort I convince myself reading takes nowadays even if it is a good book. However, even though the times I read I am likely forced into it, I really enjoy the books and reading them. All in the past year, embarrassingly, I've only read one book, which was The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, for my AP World History class. I really liked the way this book was written, with split point of views, and the setting and plot match my reading preferences well. I like adventure and developing books, and the time being kind of medieval and different from our time made it seem like more of a fantasy book. It goes from a families struggle. of finding work, to a corrupted prince and his crush, and from there to a priory looking to gain popularity with a new cathedral, all connected in multiple ways that keep the book interesting even though it is one thousand plus pages. In the future, I hope to get back into reading for fun, and in doing that finding more good reads like Pillars of the Earth, and see reading in a new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...