Monday, September 28, 2020

Hall - Assignment 4

I have always been encouraged to think freely and form my own opinions. I haven't questioned my beliefs much, if I am being honest with myself and with you all. What I've questioned are only trivial things. For example, I have always thought the color pink was the best color. However that belief was challenged by people who thought colors like yellow and blue were better. Briefly I questioned if I liked other colors. I concluded that I still liked pink better, but I learned to respect others' opinions. Pink is often seen as overtly feminine and dainty, but I believe that pink is for anyone and shouldn't consign you to any stereotype. I've painted my room, bathroom, and hangout room pink; a large amount of my clothes are pink, etc. yet I play lacrosse, act, advocate, protest, lead community groups etc. Simple things like "favorites" are pointless and trivial. You don't learn anything useful about anyone from their favorite colors/movies/shows/music. No one is defined by any of those things. Two people can both love the color blue but be two completely separate entities and never agree on anything but that. The overall outcome is that no one is defined by their likes and dislikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...