My parents and I are democrats. We generally share the same political views, but I am a bit more radical. When the democratic candidates started announcing themselves, we had a disagreement. They tended to support more centrist and I supported more leftists. Mainly they supported Elizabeth Warren and I supported Harris, Yang, and Sanders. (My support has since changed. Because of the current political climate, I am not so quick to support a criminal prosecutor and former attorney general for office, but of course that is, in my opinion, the only option!) I told them that it was important to have progressive policies in place in order to push back on the immensely conservative policies that were, and still are, being spread by the republicans in office. They thought that a progressive candidate would be a bad choice because centrists, like themselves, would be less likely to vote for them. We had this argument several times over the winter, but in the end it didn't really matter because all the other candidates dropped out of the race. I still think about that though as the first time I started to form political opinions that were different from my parents's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.