Sunday, September 27, 2020

Bird-Pollan - Assignment 3

I am an Austrian-American. I was born in Vienna, Austria and lived there until 2005 when my mom started law school. We have consistently returned to Vienna to visit my grandparents and because my parents want my sister and I to be immersed in the German language and Austrian culture. In the fifth grade, my dad had a full bright fellowship in Vienna so my family moved there for the year. I was hesitant at first; now it's my favorite story to tell. I continue to learn so much from my experiences there. The experiences have brought me a unique perspective and thought process. I think I am a more thoughtful person because of it. I have a more expanded world view that I think helps me make important decisions and also has influenced my political beliefs. I've been lucky enough to have seen a lot of different people's experiences. I believe this has helped me become more open-minded and unprejudiced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...