Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Mihaylov-Assignment 21

 I've always been an avid reader when it came to biology and ecosystems, especially our oceans. I've always been fascinated with the animals that live there, and the fact that we haven't even scratched the surface of what lies below in the watery world. This is why I want to solve or at the very least contribute to the solution of global warming.

It's no secret that our oceans temperatures have been rising. And while that may not seem horrible or not at all that drastic, it really is. Coral bleaching, a phenomenon that has recently began to spread along reefs as the years progress is devastating to some of the ocean's most vital and ecosystems. The melting of the ice caps, specifically the North Pole, is a huge problem as well. Polar bear numbers have dwindled in the recent years, with many pushing further South. 

This global catastrophe is terrible and destructive to all aspects of our planet, but it makes a much larger dent in the oceans and their ecosystems, and we need to stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...