The Future.
Well, that's not ominous at all.
(Notice my use of irony)
But reflecting? That I can do, easily enough. As I sit typing away at my computer on this Sunday night at 9:58 pm.; I munch on a Hershey bar, still in my game uniform, body bruised, muscles sore, and mind tired from cramming homework.
I think that's actually a pretty good summary for my junior year. I've been working really, really hard. On the field, in the classroom, with speech and debate, on applications, touring colleges, raising a puppy, all while trying to maintain a semblance of a social life. And stepping back for the big picture, it seems impossibly overwhelming. True- I'm just now getting all my homework done after missing school for a soccer showcase this weekend. True- I haven't yet showered and probably smell terrible. True- I don't have a free weekend for the next two months. But I'm getting my homework turned in before the deadline - this blog included - so I'd definitely call that a small win.
That's how I've broken up my junior year - into small, reasonable, manageable, swallowable spoonfuls. Soccer tournaments. Speech deadlines. Test prep. Vaccine Appointments. College visits. Only 14 more days till a break...
And I can see the good Karma coming in return. Every ounce of sweat and tears I've poured in, I've gotten back in return.
Sucesses? I'm spending my summer at GSP, something I'm really, really looking forward to! I was the region champ in two speech events and placed at state! I've kept up with the cray-cray that is Junior year, despite the numerous curveballs Corona's been throwing at us!
They say Junior year is your hardest, and I don't know if that's true, but if it is, I think we can all be really proud of ourselves just for surviving.
Because most of the year wasn't about the wins. Most of the year was hunkering down and working hard. Forcing ourselves to check in when all we wanted to do was check out. Your hard work pays off. Believe it, and its true.
Now before I suggest we all join hands and sing Kumbaya, I'm going to sign off. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your junior year.
Ps. I think its also important to acknowledge that while junior year was difficult for me, for some it was even more difficult. And so for each small win, especially those I often take for granted, I'm thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.