Sunday, April 11, 2021

Tiennot - Post 23- The Perfect Playlist

    I loathe Sundays. Dislike is too weak of a word, and hate too strong, so I opt for the more moderate loathe. Sunday nights are even worse than Monday mornings- they trick you with the promise of still being the weekend, yet more often than not are spent catching up on all the homework you didn't do on Saturday. Sunday, I can confidently say is my least favorite day of the week. And so, I think rather fittingly I made an anti-Sunday playlist. A balm, if you will.

Sunday Night Balm:

1. Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling.

- One of my favorite parts of Spotify is that despite creating a playlist full of your favorite songs, a few new tracks are always slipped in. You may hate them, you may love them, but they always force your music palette to expand just a teeny bit. Crystallize was not in my original "Instrumental" playlist, however it has since become a favorite. A compelling violin piece, the energy is contagious, and reflects all the late Sunday nights spent typing away on my laptop or studying for one more upcoming test.

2. Blame by Air Traffic Controller

- Another surprise favorite, Blame hopped onto my running playlist one day, and hasn't left my Spotify queue since. Reminiscent of side cramps, labored breathing, and tired legs, the song compels me to keep moving forward and a surprise marching-band bar or two midway through the piece always makes me think about middle school band class. 

3. The Nights by Avicii

- I think the Sunday night thing must be genetic, because my dad can't stand them either. If you ever meet him on the first day of the week - I promise, he's not always this grumpy. Its for this reason I decided to include the Nights by Avicii, in which a son repeats advice his father gave him about living in the moment; because though Sundays aren't my favorite, someday I'll probably look back wishing I had more of them. 

4. Survivor by Destiny's Child

- I think this one may speak for itself, but it really does feel like a struggle to make it through the week sometimes, and this pump-up song never fails to pull-through for me. As cheesy as it is, its also a bop. 

5. Natural by Imagine Dragons

- Fun fact: Imagine Dragons make some great pre-game pump-up songs. Freshman year, I used to listen to Thunder before every single game. It was a ritual. Natural, though different, is similar in its scrappy, raw, and real lyrics. Its has a great "We're going to do this, or die trying" feel to it. 

Those are my picks - overplayed, cheesy, and the like; I'll stand by them. If you want to listen to, here's the playlist link: 

Sunday Night Balm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...