Educationally, I think the biggest impact on me has been the accelerated program. Being in this program since 4th grade, I've grown up in a tight-knit community of just about the same faces. And while the downside of this is that it will be difficult to go from such a small group to a new campus with all new people, the upside is that I've learned to create, maintain, and manage close friendships, I know I'll want a small-medium sized campus or department, and I've learned a lot about my learning style. I also know how to balance my personal, social, academic, and athletic lives, as well as how to adapt to new challenges.
In college, this will transfer to managing my time and interests in college, as well as maintaining relationships and learning efficiently.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.