Junior year so far was, well, a wild ride. COVID-19 and 5 AP classes have made it a fairly stressful year. But there have also been lots of successes. I have done track and cross-country, both of which I love because of the physical, social ( I adore my teammates and how they make me smile even on the gloomiest days), and emotional benefits ( running can make you feel like you are on top of the world sometimes). Another success is I have gotten pretty good grades and I have worked hard in my classes, trying to learn the content to the best of my abilities. A lesson I learned this year is never take anything for granted, I took normal life for granted before COVID-19 and I am going to try to always remember this experience so I realize how much I really have. Another lesson is it is important to spend time with friends and family, just relaxing and enjoying life. Some risks I took this year was I applied to GSP, a medical program in the University of Kentucky, and I competed in cross country, track, and the Chemistry Olympiad. All of these took guts because I was scared of failure in each one. But I did each one. As for this summer, I want to volunteer in a hospital if I can find one to take me, it’s harder than you would think. I also want to participate in GSP or the medical program I applied for if I get in. Traveling with my family around the U.S. is another dream of mine. I would love to get a job too, for some cash yet I also want to take advantage of more free time to hang out more with my friends. One goal for senior year is to get good grades by studying, turning homework in on time, and listening more in class. Also I want to apply to colleges and not become too overwhelmed by it which I think I can do by starting early and having my parents help me with college. Another goal for senior year is gradually become more independent by cooking by myself more, driving farther distances more, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.