Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Assignment 23 - Liau

This shortened playlist is essentially a list of lesser known songs I consider to be absolutely perfect. Anyways here are some of my favorite songs to exist that I will never ever skip, no matter what mood I’m in.

Youuu (COIN): This song is perfect for blaring while driving a little too fast down the highway with your friends and the windows open. I love how everything just completely stops for a second before the beat drops and this song is essentially an instant boost in serotonin. 


Getaway Car (Taylor Swift): Picking a favorite Taylor song was infinitely hard, but I narrowed it down by going along with the summer-drive winds-down vibe. While I do love the lyrics, they certainly aren’t her best, but it’s a perfect scream-at-the-top-of-my-lungs song and the bridge is a straight-up masterpiece. This song deserved to be a single and I’ll die on that hill.


Don’t Take the Money (Bleachers): This song takes a mellower feel than the others on this list, but is still a solid 10/10. Jack Antonoff is basically a musical genius and has written on more (great) albums than I can count, and his own albums are equally as great. 


Cherry (Harry Styles): While I don’t really like the voicemail at the end of the song because I’m impatient and the extra 20 seconds is annoying, I think it’s a great addition to the song. The melody, instrumentals, vocals, and basically everything in this song is a masterpiece that creates almost a homey feeling. Fun fact: he’s harmonizing with the voicemail-woman’s voice the entire song. 


Honeybee (The Head and the Heart): This song is just pure “this makes me believe in love”. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I feel like this song perfectly encapsulates love and is produced beautifully.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...