Sunday, February 14, 2021

Assignment 19 - Lentz

 Some words of wisdom I have learned that I heard from somewhere that I don't remember is that embarrassment is a choice, not a feeling. While it still is a feeling you get, it really hit me that all I have to do to not be embarrassed is quite frankly to just not be embarrassed. Now I never really considered myself to be socially awkward or to easily get embarrassed, at least on the outside, but if every time I think I have just had a major screw up I can ask myself "is it really that bad," or "do I really cared that I've just done this," then I can learn to be more carefree and forget what other people think because honestly, people don't really care about you as much as you think they do (for the most part). I wouldn't say living with this advise in mind has completely changed my personality, but I definitely think that it helps me feel more comfortable being myself and just think that I am the best judge of myself, whether I judge strictly or loosely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...