Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Hall - Assignment 12

 Selling myself to a stranger sounds questionable... honestly, I wouldn't. 

And I mean that. I'm not saying that I wouldn't think for hours about what I would say to my roommate or what I would want to project, because I would, and will, undoubtedly do that. I would spend weeks and weeks just leading up to meeting him/her/them simply thinking of what to wear, what to say, what to do. And then I would simply become so indecisive that I would simply give up.

Not 'give up' as in "I won't put any effort into anything because we're all on a floating rock in the middle of space and we're all going to die," but 'give up' as in "I am going to wear what I want. I am going to say what I want. I am going to do what I want."

I'd stick to that, too. I would show them who I am, not an ideal, glamourized version of me, not who I wish I was, just me. I have to live with you for at least one year, if not four. I'm not going to pretend to be something I am not every time I see you, and just have to walk around with that mask on. I refuse.

One day I will be wearing the most elaborate outfit and the next day I'm in a t-shirt and sweats. One day I will be the most energetic and extra person alive, the next day I'm running on an energy drink and a scrap of effort and doing the bare minimum. I am the way I am, and I hope they'd accept that. And if they didn't, that's unfortunate.

I hope they'd feel comfortable enough in their own skin to be themselves around me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...