Monday, November 2, 2020

Hall - Assignment 8

Fears - Rejection, failure, not being good enough, being forgotten, being alone, automatonophobia, megalophobia, windmills, being murdered due to race, alleyways, office jobs

Annoyances - Country music, stupidity, being ignored, predictability, racism, sexism, bigotry, uneducation, repeating myself, being underestimated, being expected to do/be something, breaking someone's trust, making something a bigger deal than it needs to be, insincerity, hypocrisy, being lied to, unreliability, etc.

Accomplishments - Intellect, Athleticism, Activism, Acting, Liberal Arts Academy, currently Midwestern Regional Strategic Planning Co-chair and Central Kentucky Chapter Teen President simultaneously (have been vice president), done 6 shows at LCT, currently on 2 lacrosse teams, Speech and Debate team (HI: 8th place, 4th place, 1st place; Broadcasting: 6th place; Improv Duo: 6th place, 4th place; Storytelling: 4th place). Good daughter, good company, good storyteller, good friend, nice human, good actress, good learner, good student.

Confusions - Physics?

Sorrows - All the opportunities I've missed, everything lost bc of corona, ruined friendships, relationship with my father, 1st puppy dead, etc.

Dreams - Award winning actress, PhD obtained, amazing mother of 2-3 (4+ is excessive), amazing daughter, supportive friend, etc.

Idiosyncrasies - Don't like humanlike objects, statues, large things (Statue of Liberty, Lincoln/MLK memorials, windmills, didn't like store mannequins, automatic doors, or leafless trees when I was younger) alleyways, unavoidable allergies, I bite my nails when I'm stressed, left handed, etc.

Risks - Trying new foods?

Beloved Possessions, Now and Then - Then: Stuffed animals, toys, etc. Now: Friends and Family, memories, dog, clothes, shoes

Problems - Procrastination, time management, not thinking ahead, overthinking, talking myself out of things, trust issues, budgeting.

My issue is that sometimes I let fear cloud my judgement. I dream big, I plan things out, and I know what I want, but then I start overthinking it. Questions like "what if I fail?" or "what if I get rejected" keep me from doing anything at all sometimes. I talk myself out of risks for fear of failure, but then lament the opportunity I never took and wonder where it would have gotten me. I fear making big and ambitious plans and then receiving an amazing opportunity and missing out. If I would let myself see the "what if I succeed"s instead of the "what if I fail"s, I wonder where I'd be right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...