Monday, November 2, 2020

Assignment 8- Gersony


Fears- School shootings (not a problem with online school), Publicly embarrassing myself, Not getting into any college that I want

Annoyances- People who never try or have no interests, People who don't care about others,  people who don't care about the environment 

Accomplishments- Academics, Trying to be a kind person

Confusions- Human existence 

Sorrows- Everything Covid is messing up

Dreams- Getting into a good school, doing well in life, having three german shepherds 

Idiosyncrasies- perfectionism (in some things), finding four leaf clovers everywhere

Risks- Skiing, Driving a car

Beloved Possessions, Now and Then - My Stuffed Puppy (then), My real puppy (now), my laptop

Problems- Keeping my desk organized, procrastinating


    In many ways I am a perfectionist. I do not see this as a positive thing, it can prevent me from trying new things if I feel I wont be amazing at them right from the start and makes any blunder feel like a catastrophe. But one major thing I notice about myself, is that my strive for perfection affects the way I view others. I have very little patience for all flaws, even the ones that come with being human. I hold everyone up to the same standard that I hold myself too, which makes me see everyone's mistakes in an extreme light. It's definitely not a very fun way to look at the world, and I hope to grow. First I have to start believing in the concept of self compassion. This entails allowing myself to screw up or drop the ball and not feel like the world is gonna end or the worst person on the face of the planet. Once I permit myself to not feel horrendously for having flaws, I can eventually stop criticizing and judging everyone else so harshly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...