I'm very excited to start at University of Chicago with my very cool and totally unique major. Oh, you're wondering what my major is? I'm majoring in bromance languages and literatures. Bromances like this include famous ones like Romeo and Benvolio and Hamlet and Horatio. These bromances are so important to literature, especially literature from the 16th and 17th centuries. Without Benvolio, Romeo would have no one to tell him he's crazy. Without Horatio, Hamlet would be lost after his father dies (although there is actually a strong argument for Hamlet being lost throughout the whole play..). These bromances, in my opinion, totally carry the plays! Without the bros who play devil's advocate/fairy godmother, the bros who are super impulsive and never think things through would be dead (too soon?) or, at least, they would've died earlier in the play. Imagine a world where Romeo and Hamlet had survived. This world could've been realized if these bromances had been stronger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.