Saturday, October 24, 2020

Liau - assignment 8

 Fears: drowning, failure

Annoyances: people who say they "don't get into politics", walking slowly in the hallway

Accomplishments: getting good grades 

Confusions: physics

Sorrows: missing out on high school because of corona

Dreams: travel the world, have a career I love

Idiosyncrasies: don't like chocolate

Risks: don't take very many

Beloved Possessions: childhood stuffed animal (then), pictures (now)

Problems: time management


One thing that really annoys me is people saying they don't care about politics. While I realize that some people don't have to worry about how politics affect them, that doesn't mean they shouldn't care. They don't have to think about how the next president or senator etc will change their life, but some people do. Caring about politics is the only way that a democracy can work well and effectively. Attempting to educate yourself about the government and politicians can't hurt and will only help. Especially recently, lots of minorities have their rights and lives on the line and those with privilege should do everything they can to help. Even if it's just researching candidates before voting and realizing what their policies mean for those around them. Additionally, people not voting is a terrible thing to do. Your vote is your voice and power in the government and you should use it. I can't vote yet and it makes me mad that people who have that choice don't use it. I would gladly take their vote but that's not how it works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...