One thing that I have always struggled with is differing from the ideas of others around me. I do have my own beliefs and like to discuss them and think about them with myself, but in group situations or places where I could maybe speak up I usually just keep most of my ideas to myself. As I've gotten older, I've tried to get better at this and it's gotten easier because I've formed new opinions that I'm passionate about, but I still get caught biting my tongue every now and then. Even recently I went to get a haircut, and my barber started talking about politics, and what he was talking about I didn't necessarily agree with, but I just kind of nodded my head and acted like I agreed with him. However, it has gotten easier with the current political environment, and I have an easy time talking about current events with my family when we gather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.