I'm not much of a reader and have difficulty staying with a book long enough to finish it. Most books I start I end up putting down due to me becoming bored with it or becoming too busy I forget about it completely. This past year the few books I read all the way through turned out to be interesting and exciting (which could've been how I got through them in the first place). My favorite book I read all year was the Da Vinci Code which was one of the few books that held my interest all the way through. Its plot twists and murder mystery scenario helped to keep things interesting and exciting. The Pillars of the Earth was another book I read this year which left me thinking about it for months afterward. I had to read this book for my AP World class but I ended up really enjoying it and thinking about the plot and how it all connected together. This book was especially interesting because it followed a family over multiple generations as opposed to a single story.
My favorite genre to read is horror and I especially love Stephen King. My favorite book of his is the Shining which I read not too long ago. This is probably my favorite book of all time and it thoroughly freaked me out. I am currently reading The Tommy Knockers and so far it isn't as scary as some of Stephen King's other books, but it has the same strong character development and the feeling of something being "off." I am about a quarter of the way through and hopefully I can get through this one like I have the past few books.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.