Friday, September 25, 2020

iread- week 2


    Throughout the past year I've read some pretty good books, so far my favorite has been a coming of age story called "gods with a little g" by Tupelo Hassman. I really love the book because of its poetic style on top of its relatability as the main character is 17. The novel includes nothing more than small problems on top of narration, with no big plot or anything and I thought it was a nice change of pace. 

    This year I also reread "The catcher in the Rye" by J.D Salinger.  I will always hold this book very close to heart, it gave me so many nostalgic feelings to reread it. I think it is a beautifully written story about innocence and growing out of it. As someone at this age it feels like I'm in the middle of being a child and an adult. 

    Lastly, this year I read a book called "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tart. This book was such a beautifully written heartfelt novel about a boy becoming a man holding the burden of his late mother's death. It holds deep subjects of growing from grief, survivor's guilt, and coming of age themes. 

    I attempted to read the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx to learn more about the political theory of Marxism, but I was never able to pay attention much after the first 10 pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...