I love reading, I feel like I don't do it too often but when I read a good book, it is amazing. Some books just completely change your way of thinking and leave you in wonder. One of the great books I have read this year is The Sky is Everywhere, I decided to read this book because the author's other book, I'll Give You the Sun is probably my favorite book. The Sky is Everywhere is about a girl named Lennie struggling after her sister, Bailey, dies and she thinks she's falling in love with two guys at the same time, one of them being her sister's boyfriend before she passed away. So she tries to navigate her feelings for her sister's boyfriend, the only person who she feels understands her loss and a new guy who brightens everything up while dealing with her grief. She writes poems throughout the book about her feelings. This book kinda changed me because it made me realize that I love poetry and I started writing some poems. I read a couple of Rupi Kaur books, Milk and Honey and The Sun and her Flowers and I absolutely loved them. I want to try to read more poetry books again soon but I'm honestly not sure which ones to read. I love poetry because it's just beautiful. These aren't all of the books I read this year because I have a pretty bad memory so I'm not really sure of all the books I have read this year but these are a couple of the books which I read recently that I feel like I have really liked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.